You are hereHome ›
Golden Acorn Application
Information for the 2017 Golden Acorn Awards
will be available soon for programs that recieved funding from BCF in 2015 and 2016!
We will announce the winners at the
BCF Annual Meeting and Celebration in September at the
Heritage Museum & Cultural Center.
We want to recognize your good work!
The Berrien Community Foundation is excited to hear about the success of your program that received funding through the Berrien Community Foundation in 2015 or 2016. If you received a grant during 2015 or 2016 and were not recognized as a 2016 Golden Acorn recipient, please fill out the webform below. We are interested in hearing your story.
This year we are changing the Golden Acorn Awards to recognize our programs in new ways. At the 2017 Annual Celebration we will recognize three programs as Golden Acorn Award winners in the areas of Innovation, Community Improvement and Overall Excellence. We will also award a Golden Acorn Award for Volunteerism. The winning agencies will receive this recognition along with a cash grant toward their program.
Below are a few questions and further detail on the awards to help guide your answers. We appreciate all the work that you do in our community and hope you take the time to complete the information. Please contact us if you have any questions at (269)983-3304 x 4 or SusanMatheny@berriencommunity.org.
Excellence in Innovation
Provide information on how your program:
- Takes new approaches to existing problems
- Makes innovative use of volunteers
- Have made innovations that resulted in cost savings
- Take new approaches to clients that helped remove barriers
Express your success in terms of data related to intended outcomes
- What did you learn from implementation of this project?
- Is there anything you would do differently?
- Express your success using a human interest story
Please explain how your program involved volunteer resources
- If applicable, describe a particular volunteer or group from the project who made a significant contribution to the program
- How did you provide a positive volunteer experience?
- How did the project make use of in-kind or donated resources?