In order to support organizations that are serving those affected by the COVID-19 outbreak, Berrien Community Foundation, South Haven Community Foundation and United Way of Southwest Michigan are asking nonprofits that have incurred costs or lost revenue due to COVID-19 to apply for funding.
The SW MI Cares Emergency GENERAL OPERATIONS Grants will provide grants for up to $5,000 to nonprofits that have incurred costs or lost revenue due to COVID-19.
Applicants are asked to provide information about how COVID-19 affected their financial reserves and fundraising as well as discuss any changes to how they do the work they do.
Organizations may apply for up to $5,000 for general operations.
Applications are due January 14, 2022
Eligible entities are:
- 501c3 nonprofits
- Religious organizations doing community work
- Schools doing community work
Please note, if you have never received a grant from Berrien Community Foundation OR United Way of Southwest Michigan before, you will be required to provide the following documentation:
- IRS Determination letter indicating 501c3 status
- 990 or most recent audit
We will reach out to you if this information is needed.
These grants are available to those serving in Berrien, Cass, and Van Buren counties.
To access the online grant application, you MUST create an account. This allows you to save your application and return to it later.
You can create an account by clicking the "Log In" button at the bottom of the webpage beneath CONTACT US.
A few helpful hints:
- Write down your login information. We are NOT able to retrieve it for you.
- To save your application, select "Save Draft" at the bottom of the page.
- You should receive a confirmation email after submitting your form. If you do not receive this, please check you've clicked the "Submit" button (not just "Save Draft") and your junk folder, then contact Susan Matheny at email@example.com.
- Some applicants have found it helpful to answer the questions in a Word document and then copy and paste into the form. This allows ease of editing and is a safeguard for saving your work. Please note any formatting in the Word document will not transfer into the application form.