The "For Ever" Sustainability Grant is for applications of up to $15,000.
Applications are due May 29, 2020.
As a result of the shutdown caused by COVID-19, the Berrien Community Foundation recognizes that our nonprofit organizations are struggling to keep the lights on. Fundraisers have been cancelled. The arts organizations do not know when they will perform in front of crowds again. Unemployment has many families struggling to make ends meet and unable to make charitable contributions. We felt that it was important to adjust our grantmaking focus to help nonprofits bridge this gap. This grant is open to 501c3 nonprofits in Berrien County.
Please note: nonprofits who receive the "For Ever" Sustainability Grant will not be eligible to apply for the Berrien Community Foundation "For Good" Grants in 2020.
Eligible applications for the "For Ever" Sustainability Grant will focus on sustainability and recovery and will include the following:
- A plan for sustainablity (information such as fundraising, employment, key partnerships, goals, leadership)
- How the COVID-19 has affected your organization.
- What your organization has done to minimize the impact of COVID-19.
A few helpful hints for applying:
- Write down your login information, as we will not be able to retrieve it for you.
- To save your information, remember to select "Save Draft" at the bottom or the page
- You should receive a confirmation email after submitting your form. If you do not receive this, please check you have clicked the "Submit" button not just the "Save Draft" button, then contact us. There may be an issue with the email used to submit the form.
- Some applicants have found it helpful to answer the questions in a Word document and then copy and paste into the electronic form. This allows ease of editing and is a safeguard for saving your work.
- The maximum grant request is $15,000.