Berrien Community Foundation is hiring a Communications Associate.
Please see the details below.
TITLE: Communications Associate
REPORTS TO: President
The Communications Associate is responsible for implementing the communications, marketing and public relations functions of the Berrien Community Foundation (BCF). This staff member helps to communicate the story of BCF to key audiences in Berrien County, provides communications, marketing and public relations support for all Foundation activities and supports the growth and development of the Foundation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Produce press releases for local media.
• Seek opportunities to promote BCF through various media outlets.
• Provide media and public relations support to BCF, Foundation initiatives and other projects as needed.
• Participate in ongoing development and refinement of communications/marketing plan. Oversee implementation of that plan including annual development of marketing budget.
• Produce electronic and print materials to support fund development, grant making, scholarships, projects and other initiatives.
• Support the generation of and updates to website content, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media sites.
• Develop the annual report, Berrien County Gives Back newsletters, electronic and other print publications.
• Assist with development and distribution of Annual Appeal package and other campaigns as appropriate.
• Assist with planning and execution of a variety of Foundation events.
• Review and proof outgoing communication pieces for consistency and accuracy.
• Support Foundation events and activities, including the development of publications, invitations, agenda, speeches, photography, and on-site event assistance.
• Maintain and update database of contacts and constituents, including reporting for development and other activities of the Foundation.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Work requires a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or a related field.
Skills & Abilities
1. Highly developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
2. Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in word processing and data base management, as well as graphics/publishing/photography software/web.
3. Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
4. Outstanding organizational skills, ability to plan and prioritize projects in order to meet multiple demands of Foundation.
6. Project management with the ability to meet deadlines.
7. Ability to generate creative ideas and implement them within the organization.
8. Willing to learn new information/techniques to flexibly deal with changing demands.
9. Additional expectations include a professional attitude, ability to be a team player, ability to follow-through, consistent attendance, organizational loyalty and confidentiality.
10. Passion for philanthropy and nonprofit organizations.
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirement to: