You are hereHome ›
Stephen E Upton Love Your Community Grant
Stephen E. Upton
Love Your Community Grant
The Stephen E. Upton Love Your Community Grant through the Berrien Community Foundation is available to non-profit organizations serving Berrien County, Michigan. Each year, a grant of $50,000 will be awarded to a non-profit organization that exemplifies the spirit of the Stephen E. Upton Love Your Community Grant.
The winning project will:
- Address a crucial community need,
- Make a positive impact in the lives of Berrien County residents,
- Demonstrate the ability to be a sustainable when funding is concluded, and
- Demonstrate collaboration.
Organizations wishing to be considered must submit a letter of intent by June 1.
The Letter of Intent should answer the following questions:
To qualify to submit a proposal please submit a letter of inquire. The letter (no more than two (2) pages double spaced in length) should include:
- An overview of the proposed project, including;
- why this project is worthy of funding,
- how this project will positively impact the lives of Berrien County residents, and
- how this project demonstrates love for the community.
- An estimate of the number of people who will be served by the project,
- a brief description of your agency; and
- the amount requested.
Letters must be postmarked by June 1 and should be mailed to:
Stephen E. Upton Love Your Community Grant
c/o Berrien Community Foundation
2900 S. State Street, Suite 2E
St. Joseph, MI 49085
A select number of applicants will be asked to submit full grant proposals.
Agencies selected will receive a standard grant application due on August 15. The winning project will be announced at the Berrien Community Foundation Annual Meeting in September.
For further information contact the Berrien Community Foundation by email at BCF@BerrienCommunity.org or by phone at 269-983-3304.