Give me a snapshot of your work history.
- Staff accountant at Gerbel & Company in St. Joseph
- 13 years at Lake Michigan College in Finance Department. Started as Staff Accountant, moved to Senior Accountant, ended as Assistant Director of Finance – Supervised a team of staff accountants, prepared revenue and expense budgets, created financial policies and procedures, lead/monitored/reported federal and state financial compliance, analyzed monthly and annual financials statements, planned team building, data management team, swot analysis team, accreditation team, informational technology governance committee member.
Give me another snapshot of what it is you do here at BCF.
- Prepare revenue and expense budget
- Create and analyze monthly and annual financial statements
- Create quarterly fund statements
- Present financials to Foundation Board
- Investment committee member
- Manage over $90 million in assets/investments
- Reconcile all accounts
- Create processes that streamline accounting procedures
How do you get involved in the community?
- Girl Scout Leader for 8 years
- Lakeshore Rocket Football Cheer Director
- LRF Board Member
- Lakeshore High School Varsity Sideline and Competitive Cheer Coach
- LYBSA Volunteer
How do you like to spend your time outside of work?
- Ringing a cowbell at my kid’s baseball and softball games.
- Cheering on Benny playing football and floor hockey
- Routing for Gracie on pageant stages and in Competitive Cheer
- Coaching Cheerleading
- Playing with my dog
- Wine Tasting
What kinds of activities energize you?
- Summer vacations with my family. Bike Riding and Kayaking
- Any time spent with my kids
- Arts & Crafts
- Driving my Jeep EVERYWHERE – especially in the middle of the woods up north
What’s something you’ve done, but you’ll never do again?
Driving a motorcycle. I grew up on the back of my Dad’s motorcycle. I got my motorcycle endorsement as an adult, drove a Yamaha V-Star for a very short period of time. Definitely not for me!
What’s your favorite place to eat around here?
Anywhere with a good bar burger – Farmers, Chiefs, Chatterbox, North Shore, TJ’s
What is the one thing you cannot resist?
- Frozen Drink on a hot day
- Chocolate and Marshmallow Crème
- What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever had?
- Not really any weird jobs… Have worked for/with weird people???
What’s one of your favorite parts of your job?
Creating and presenting financial statements. It is quite the process to close all pieces each month and at year end. Followed by presenting a story through numbers.
What makes you excited to work at BCF?
I’m very behind the scenes at BCF. However, while in the community I often here someone mention BCF and an event we host or a scholarship we give out and I get a huge sense of pride knowing I’m a little part of it.
If you'd like to contact Morgan, please click here.