We are hosting Backpacks For Good, a back-to-school readiness event this summer!
The Berrien Community Foundation is teaming up with Whirlpool Corporation, Frederick S. Upton Foundation and De Groot Family Foundation to bring four backpack and school supply giveaway events this year:
- Students Who Live In The 49022 Zip Code: Tuesday, August 1, 5 – 8 p.m. at the Dwight P. Mitchell City Center Park. This event is in partnership with National Night Out, and is open to students who live in the 49022 zip code, regardless of the school they attend.
- Students Attending Eau Claire Schools: Thursday, August 3, 4 – 6 p.m. at Lybrook Elementary School parking lot. This event is open to students attending Eau Claire Public Schools, regardless of the zip code in which they live.
- Students Attending Brandywine or Niles Schools: Thursday, August 10, 4 – 6 p.m. at Niles High School parking lot. This event is open to students attending Brandywine Community Schools or Niles Community Schools, regardless of the zip code in which they live.
- Students Attending Coloma, Watervliet or Hagar #6 Schools: Thursday, August 17, 4 – 6 p.m. at Coloma High School parking lot. This event is open to students attending Watervliet Public Schools, Coloma Community Schools or Riverside Hagar #6 School, regardless of the zip code in which they live.
Backpacks will be filled with pencils or pens, markers, notebooks, folders, erasers and pencil bags. BCF will offer backpacks in two sizes suitable for either younger or older students, and each child will have the option to pick out the color bookbag they want! All backpacks and school supplies are free, but one bookbag will be given per child present.
Families are encouraged to bring school-aged children to the event so they can choose their backpack and visit with other community resources, too. In addition to the backpacks and school supplies, there will be free boxes of food onsite.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the BCF offices at 269-983-3304.
If you'd like to volunteer for one of the events, please sign up below:
- 49022 Event Volunteer Form — FULL
- Eau Claire Volunteer Form
- Niles/Brandywine Event Volunteer Form — FULL
- Coloma/Watervliet Event Volunteer Form