Berrien Community Foundation's
"For Good" Grants
Grant Applications are due April 1 & October 1.
The “For Good” Grants are open for two cycles per year and are available in two sizes: the "For Good" Major for up to $15,000 and the "For Good" Minor for up to $1,500. The "For Good" Minor has a shorter, simpler form geared toward organizations with a smaller request and the "For Good" Major is a standard-length grant application. This grant opportunity is available to 501c3 nonprofit organizations, schools, religious organizations doing community work and government organizations who are serving Berrien County, Michigan.
Application due date is April 1 and October 1. An organization may receive one "For Good" Grant per calendar year.
Grants are reviewed in the following areas:
- Community Improvement and Special Needs
- Youth Leadership and Development
For more information on funding priorities, click here.
Organizations who have received an award for three calendar years in a row are required to take a year off from applying.
For a list of previous grant recipients, please click here.
A few helpful hints:
- When creating your account, register as an organization. You can either search your organization by your EIN Tax-ID number or manually enter your organization information. If you do not have an EIN number, manually enter your organization's information.
- Please write down your login information as we will not be able to retrieve that for you.
- To save your information, remember to select "Save Draft" at the bottom of the page.
- Some applicants have found it helpful to answer the questions in a Word document and then copy and paste into the electronic form. This allows ease of editing and is a safeguard for saving your work.
- Project start dates should be at least 2 months after the application due date. For April application dates, the project start date should be June 1 or after and for August it should be October 1 or after.
- The maximum grant request is $15,000 for the "For Good" Major and $1,500 for the "For Good" Minor.
- Organizations who have received an award for three calendar years in a row are required to take a year off from applying.
For additional Grant Guidelines click below