Heart of Cook Grant Applications are now open!
Applications are due February 13, 2019.
For a list of recipients, click HERE.
The Heart of Cook grant application submissions for both mini-grants and the standard grant program is in February. Mini-grants are for small projects requesting $100-$500. The standard grant program is for grants of $501-$10,000. Organizations can apply for only one grant per year. Organizations that have received grant dollars for three consecutive years are ineligible to apply for one year.
All grant submissions must be completed online. The Heart of Cook grant program is green! All grant applications are submitted electronically. To fill out a grant application:
- Create an account and sign in to the website
- Please remember your login information as it will allow you to save and modify your grant application over multiple sessions. We cannot retrieve this login information for you.
- Navigate back to this page
- Select the the mini-grant or standard grant form below
- The grant form will be available to you as a registered user
- To save your work, select "save" at the bottom of each page
- You can submit your final application by selecting "submit" at the end of the application process. You should receive an email notifying you that the grant was submitted to the system. If you do not receive a verification email, please contact Susan Matheny at BCF at (269) 983-3304 x2
History of the Program In 2003 DC Cook Nuclear Plant started "The Heart of Cook." This competitive grant program is a way for one of Berrien County's largest employers to give back to the community while involving their employees in the process. The Heart of Cook also provides scholarships for the next generation of engineers as part of the Berrien Community Foundation's Scholarship Program.
The Berrien Community Foundation administers the program which targets grants that assist educational, human services, and environmental non-profit projects in Southwest Michigan and Northwest Indiana (La Porte, St. Joseph, and Elkhart Counties).
Applying organizations will be notified of the decisions by mail in early April. For those organizations receiving grants, these will be distributed at a May reception. Organizations can apply for either a mini-grant or a larger grant. Organizations cannot apply for both types in a single year.