The Alamar Nonprofit Sustainability Grant through the Berrien Community Foundation is available to nonprofit organizations serving Berrien County, Michigan. Each year, a grant of $75,000 will be awarded to an organization that exemplifies the spirit of the Alamar Nonprofit Sustainability Grant. The full grant is paid out over three years.
The winning project will focus on:
- The long-term sustainability of the nonprofit organization
- Finding creative, sustainable ways to care for their employees/improve quality of life
- Tactics that provide benefit to the nonprofit organization beyond the three-year grant time period
- The winning project will NOT focus on program-related expenses.
How to Apply:
Submit a letter of intent by April 30, 2023.
Submit your letter by clicking here: Alamar Nonprofit Sustainability Grant Proposal Letter Submission Form.
This letter should be no more than two pages in length (double spaced) and contain the following:
- A brief overview of your agency
- The total amount requested
- An overview of the proposed project
- Why this project would have a positive impact on your employees
- How this project would have a positive impact on your employees
- How this project is sustainable over time
- Going Forward
A select number of applicants will be asked to submit full grant proposals.
Agencies selected will receive a standard grant application due July 31, 2023.
The winning project will be announced at the Berrien Community Foundation Annual Meeting in September.
For further information contact the Berrien Community Foundation by clicking here.