We are hosting Backpacks For Good, a back-to-school readiness event this summer!
The Berrien Community Foundation is teaming up with Whirlpool Corporation, Frederick S. Upton Foundation and De Groot Family Foundation to bring three backpack and school supply giveaway events this year:
- Students Attending Brandywine or Niles Schools: Thursday, August 11, 4 – 6 p.m. at Niles High School Parking Lot. This event is open to students attending Brandywine Community Schools or Niles Community Schools, regardless of the zip code in which they live.
- Students Who Live In The 49022: Tuesday, August 16, 4 – 6 p.m. at the Boys & Girls Club of Benton Harbor Youth Campus. This event is open to students who live in the 49022 zip code, regardless of the school they attend.
- Students Attending Coloma, Watervliet or Hagar #6 Schools: Thursday, August 18, 4 – 6 p.m. at Coloma High School. This event is open to students attending Watervliet Public Schools, Coloma Community Schools or Riverside Hagar #6 School, regardless of the zip code in which they live.
Backpacks will be filled with pencils or pens, markers, notebooks, folders, erasers and pencil bags. BCF will offer backpacks in two sizes suitable for either younger or older students, and each child will have the option to pick out the color bookbag they want! All backpacks and school supplies are free, but one bookbag will be given per child present.
Families are encouraged to bring school-aged children to the event so they can choose their backpack and visit with other community resources, too. In addition to the backpacks and school supplies, there will be a food pantry onsite open to the community.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com or call the BCF offices at 269-983-3304.
If you'd like to volunteer for one of the events, please sign up below:
- Niles/Brandywine Event Volunteer Form
- 49022 Event Volunteer Form
- Coloma/Watervliet Event Volunteer Form