The Berrien Springs Area Endowment has funds available this year for one or more grants up to a total of $11,000!
Mini grants of up to $2,000 can use the short form grant application found HERE.
Grants from $2,001 - $11,000 are required to use a more detailed long-form application that is found HERE.
Paper copies of applications may also be picked up at The Journal Era during regular office hours.
Grants are open only to 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations, units of government, religious organizations doing community work, and schools that are within the area served by Berrien Springs Public Schools.
An applicant may submit only one grant application during this grant cycle.
The deadline for submitting grants is June 17 and recipients will be announced in The Journal Era by July 14.
Grant requests that address one of more of the following criteria will be given primary consideration:
- Promote community well-being
- Benefit the greatest number of people
- Deliver new services or make existing services more efficient
- Enhance collaboration among organizations
- Promote youth development
- Address emerging community needs
- Take a new approach to a persistent problem
- Encourage people to develop new skills and help themselves
Grants will not be given for:
- Normal operating expenses
- Annual fundraising events
- Political campaigns
- Loans and deficit funding
- Religious organizations unless the request is for a non-religious program that supports the overall community
- Applications that have not been submitted by the established deadline
- Programs that primarily serve residents living outside of the area served by the Berrien Springs School District
Applications should be mailed to:
Berrien Springs Area Endowment
PO Box 414
Berrien Springs, MI 49103
Questions should be directed to Richard Bartz at 269-471-2936.