The Berrien Community Foundation's
"For Good" Grants
Grant Applications are due February 24th and September 16th 2020.
The “For Good” Grants are open for two cycles per year and are available in two sizes: the "For Good" Major, for up to $10,000 and the "For Good" Minor, for up to $1,000. The "For Good" Minor has a shorter, simpler form geared toward organizations with a smaller request and the "For Good" Major is a more standard length grant application. This grant opportunity is available to 501c3 nonprofit organizations, schools, religious organizations doing community work and government organizations who are serving Berrien County, Michigan.
Application due date is February 24th. An organization may receive one "For Good" Grant per calendar year.
Grants are reviewed in the following areas:
- Community Improvement and Special Needs
- Youth Leadership and Development
For more information on funding priorities, click here.
Organizations who have received an award for three calendar years in a row are required to take a year off from applying.
To access the online grant application you MUST create an account with a login. This allows you to save your application and return to it later.
For a list of previous grant recipients, please click here.
A few helpful hints:
- Please write down your login information as we will not be able to retrieve that for you.
- To save your information, remember to select "Save Draft" at the bottom of the page.
- You should receive a confirmation email after submitting your form. If you do not receive this, please check you've clicked the submit button (not just the "Save Draft"), then contact us. There may be an issue with the email used to submit the form.
- Some applicants have found it helpful to answer the questions in a Word document and then copy and paste into the electronic form. This allows ease of editing and is a safeguard for saving your work.
- Project start dates should be at least 2 months after the application due date. For April application dates, the project start date should be June 1 or after and for August it should be November 1 or after.
- The maximum grant request is $10,000 for the "For Good" Major and $1,000 for the "For Good" Minor.
- Organizations who have received an award for three calendar years in a row are required to take a year off from applying.
For additional Grant Guidelines click below
To apply click on the Grant Link below:
If you do not have an account please - CREATE AN ACCOUNT
If you already have an account please - LOGIN