Stephen E. Upton
Love Your Community Grant
The Stephen E. Upton Love Your Community Grant through the Berrien Community Foundation is available to nonprofit organizations serving Berrien County, Michigan. Each year, a grant of $50,000 will be awarded to a nonprofit organization that exemplifies the spirit of the Stephen E. Upton Love Your Community Grant.
The winning project will:
- Address a crucial community need
- Make a positive impact in the lives of Berrien County residents
- Demonstrate the ability to be sustainable when funding is concluded
- Demonstrate collaboration
How to Apply:
Submit a letter of intent by June 1.
This letter should be no more than two pages in length (double spaced) and contain the following:
- A brief overview of your agency
- The total amount requested
- An overview of the proposed project
- Why this project would have a positive impact on Berrien County residents
- How this project demonstrates love of community
- An estimate of the number of people who will be served
The letter needs to be received or postmarked by June 1.
You can mail it to the following address:
Stephen E. Upton Love Your Community Grant
c/o Berrien Community Foundation
2900 S. State Street, Suite 2E
St. Joseph, MI 49085
A select number of applicants will be asked to submit full grant proposals.
Agencies selected will receive a standard grant application due in August.
The winning project will be announced at the Berrien Community Foundation Annual Meeting in September.
For further information contact the Berrien Community Foundation by email at BCF@BerrienCommunity.org or by phone at 269-983-3304.