Stephen E. Upton
Love Your Community Grant
The Stephen E. Upton Love Your Community Grant through the Berrien Community Foundation is available to nonprofit organizations serving Berrien County, Michigan. Each year, a grant of $50,000 will be awarded to a nonprofit organization that exemplifies the spirit of the Stephen E. Upton Love Your Community Grant.
The winning project will:
- Address a crucial community need
- Make a positive impact in the lives of Berrien County residents
- Demonstrate the ability to be sustainable when funding is concluded
- Demonstrate collaboration
How to Apply:
Submit a letter of intent by June 1, 2023.
Submit your letter by clicking here: Stephen E. Upton Love Your Community Grant Proposal Letter Submission Form.
This letter should be no more than two pages in length (double spaced) and contain the following:
- A brief overview of your agency
- The total amount requested
- An overview of the proposed project
- Why this project would have a positive impact on Berrien County residents
- How this project demonstrates love of community
- An estimate of the number of people who will be served
A select number of applicants will be asked to submit full grant proposals.
Agencies selected will receive a standard grant application due in August.
The winning project will be announced at the Berrien Community Foundation Annual Meeting in September.
For further information, contact the Berrien Community Foundation by clicking here.