The Morton House Museum is the oldest building in Benton Harbor!
Built in 1849 by pioneer Eleazar Morton and his son Henry, this house became the meeting place for those who founded the city of Benton Harbor. Henry Morton's son Stanley pioneered the steamboat industry in this area and also held many local official posts. He died in 1936 after modernizing the house, and deeded it to the Federation of Women's Clubs. The house was turned into a museum in the early 1960s and it continues to operate as one today. It is known in the area as "The Home of Benton Harbor History."
Donating to the Morton House will help fund both the museum's upkeep and its collection of historical relics.